Monday, September 5, 2011

The Market

The outdoor market closest to our apartment is about 3 blocks away. It runs everyday except Mondays with Saturdays and Sundays being the busiest times of the week. Dried sausage is common and when thinly sliced, it is served as an appetizer. We also take it when we hike because it doesn't spoil. All you need is a good knife to slice it.
This is a local cheese called Beaufort, and this particular one, is from grass-fed cows, which has a different flavor from the cheese produced in the winter when the cows are no longer in the mountain pastures. This is one of our top 10 cheeses that we enjoy.
Settling on a couple of cheeses can be hard.

Chickens roast as you shop and when the weather gets colder, the smell of these roasting is just the best thing. I have not yet bought one and promised Luc that I would.
I sometimes buy all my fruits and vegtables and cheese at the market and sometimes I get them at the grocery store. In general, meat is expensive so we go easy on that. And then it is more expensive at the market than at the grocery store, so when I get it at market it is for a special dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment